Hard copies of the following electronic publications are also available from the Authority's library.
[Because of the size of some of the publications - it is suggested that users download the particular publication of interest to them to their local drive first before opening the file]
The Authority publishes annually a compendium of selected decisions and documents from each session, cited as, e.g. Selected Decisions 8, 43-53. The online versions available are as follows:
Minerals other than Polymetallic Nodules of the International Seabed Area; Proceedings
of the International Seabed Authority's Workshop, Kingston, Jamaica, June 26-30, 2000.
Standardization of Environmental Data and Information: Development of Guidelines; Proceedings
of the International Seabed Authority's Workshop, Kingston, Jamaica, June 25-29, 2001.
Prospects for international collaboration in marine environmental research to enhance understanding of the deep-sea environment: Proceedings
of the 29 July - 2 August 2002 Workshop held in Kingston, Jamaica.
- Development of a geological model of the polymetallic nodule resources in the Clarion-Clipperton Fracture Zone : Proceedings of the 13-20 May 2003 workshop held in Nadi, Fiji
- Polymetallic Sulphides and Cobalt-Rich Ferromanganese Crusts Deposits: Establishment of Environmental Baselines and an Associated Monitoring Programme during Exploration. Proceedings of the 6-10 September 2004 Workshop held in Kingston, Jamaica.
- Polymetallic Nodule Mining Technology: Current Status and Challenges Ahead. Proceedings of the 18-22 February 2008 Workshop held in Chennai, India.
Technical Reports & Studies
- Implementation of Article 82 of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea
Technical Study: No. 12, 2013 | PDF |
- Towards the Development of a Regulatory Framework for Polymetallic Nodule Exploitation in the Area
Technical Study: No. 11, 2013 | Ebook | PDF |
- Environmental Management Needs for Exploration and Exploitation of Deep Sea Minerals
Technical Study: No. 10
- Environmental Management of Deep-Sea Chemosynthetic Ecosystems: Justification of and Considerations for a Spatially-Based Approach
Technical Study: No. 9
- Fauna of Cobalt-Rich Ferromanganese Crust Seamounts
Technical Study: No. 8
- Marine Benthic Nematode Molecular Protocol Handbook (Nematode Barcoding)
Technical Study: No. 7 | eBook
A Geological Model of Polymetallic Nodule Deposits in the Clarion-Clipperton Fracture ZoneTechnical Study: No. 6
Non-Living Resources of the Continental Shelf Beyond 200 Nautical Miles: Speculations on the Implementation of Article 82 of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.Technical Study: No. 5
Issues associated with the Implementation of Article 82 of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.Technical Study: No. 4
Biodiversity, Species Ranges and Gene Flow in the Abyssal Pacific Nodule Province: Predicting and Managing the Impacts of Deep Seabed Mining. Technical Study: No.3
. | eBook
- Patents Issued for Technologies for Deep Seabed Polymetallic Nodule Exploration and Mining: 1960-1998; (July 2001) Volumes 1-5; Volumes 6-10; ISBN 976-610-389-5
Polymetallic massive sulphides and cobalt-rich ferromanganese crusts: status and prospects. Technical Study: No.2
Global non-living resources on the extended continental shelf: Prospects at the year 2000. Technical Study: No.1
ISA Briefing Papers
Taxonomic Standardization Workshop Series 1: Deep Sea Megafauna on the Clarion-Clipperton Fracture Zone [Briefing Paper 02/14
Deep Sea Mining: Environmental, Legal and Technical Challenges for Developing Countries [Briefing Paper 01/14
A Geological Model of Polymetallic Nodule Deposits in the Clarion-Clipperton Fracture Zone [Briefing Paper 01/12