The workshop is jointly organised by the International Seabed Authority and the Ministry of Earth Sciences in India and will be held at the National Insitute of Ocean Technology, Chennai, India from 18-22 February 2008.
All participants require letters of invitation from the Government of India to obtain visas. The Information Note lists in detail visa requirements, airport pick-ups, accommodation bookings and the email addresses of the points of contact.
- The concept of the instrumental and technological support of the mining and processing of polymetallic nodules produced from the Russian exploration area (Abstract: Yuzmorgeologiya)
- Status of lift systems for polymetallic nodule mining (Abstract: John E Halkyard)
- Sea nodules processing - Status review for Commercialisation (Abstract: PK Sen & SK Das, India)
- Status of the exploration for polymetallic nodules in the German license area (Abstract: Carsten Rühlemann, German Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources [BGR])
- An overview of the Interoceanmetal deep-sea technology development: Mining and Processing (Abstract: Interoceanmetal Joint Organisation)
- From space robotics to underwater mining (Abstract: Piotr Jasiobedzki, Roy Jakola; MDA Space Missions)
- A Way to Accomplish the Mining Technology for Polymetallic Nodules (Abstract: Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute/Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources)
- Model mining units of the 20th century and the economies (Abstract: T. Yamazaki, Natl. Inst. of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Japan)