Where: Room 3 NLB United Nations Headquarters, New York
Date: 16 February, 2012
The Sensitization Seminar is aimed at informing and sensitizing delegates of Members of the Authority, of the Permanent Missions and Observers to the United Nations in New York on current issues relating to deep seabed mining and on the work of the Authority.
Issues to be addressed include:
- Prospects for extraction of rare earth elements from seabed mineral deposits,
- The resource assessment carried out by the Authority;
- Opportunities for training that are offered by the Endowment Fund for marine scientific research of the Authority;
- The structure of the Authority;
- The work of the Council and Legal and Technical Commission; and
- The outlines of the eighteenth session of the Authority that will take place at the headquarters of the Authority from 16 to 27 July 2012.
Full interpretation into all official languages will be provided together with question/answer sessions.
Michael W Lodge, Deputy to the Secretary-General and Legal Counsel, ISA
Outline of issues for consideration during the eighteenth session of the Authority | Presentation
Gwenaëlle Le Gurun, Legal Officer, ISA
Adam Cook, Scientific Affairs Officer, ISA
Charles Morgan, Environmental Planner, Planning Solutions Inc.