Call for Applications: 2018 Summer Programme at the Marco Polo-Zheng He Academy (2-20 July)
The summer programme at the Marco Polo-Zheng He Academy of International Oceans Law and Policy offers a series of lectures and workshops on oceans law and policy over three weeks in Xiamen and is co-sponsored by the Xiamen University South China Sea Institute, the Center for Oceans Law and the China Seas and the International Seabed Authority Endowment Fund.
Deadline for applications is 10 June 2018.
Details of the Dalian Program together with the application forms are available on the University of Dalian China website. Enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadlines for both Summer Programs is 20 June 2016.
The Xiamen Summer Program will be held 4-15 July in Xiamen and the Dalian Session will be held 18-29 July in Dalian.
The ISA Endowment Fund will provide financial assistance to support selected participants from developing countries. The programs are co-sponsored by the South China Sea Institute, Xiamen University and the School of Law, Dalian Maritime University of China.
- Workshop: Biodiversity and connectivity of deep-sea cosystems in areas targeted by deep-sea mining
Swakopmund, Namibia, 11 – 21 April 2016
- Call for Applications for ISA Endowment Fund Travel Bursaries to attend the 14th Deep Sea Biology in Symposium in Portugal 31 August - 14 September. Applications should be submitted to Dr Maria Baker (email@example.com) and Dr Bhavani Narayanaswamy (Bhavani.Narayanaswamy@sams.ac.uk)
Deadline for Applications : Friday 8 May 2015
Application Form : docx | pdf
UPDATE: 30 October 2015
INDEEP Endowment Fund Bursary Report for the 14th Deep Sea Biology Symposium (Aug-Sept 2015, Portugal)
UPDATE: 29 July 2015
ISA and INDEEP congratulate bursary winners : 1) Judith Gobin - Trinidad & Tobago; 2) Naiti Morales - Chile; 3) Kerry Sink - South Africa; 4) Mauricio Shimabukuro - Brazil; 5) Ignacio Chiesa - Argentina; 6) Yadong Zhou - China; 7) Eulogio Soto - Chile; 8) Baban Ingole – India
- International Cooperative Study on the Hydrothermal System at Ultraslow Spreading Southwest Indian Ridge (SWIR) [Closed]
The ISA Endowment Fund will sponsor 2 suitable candidates to participate in the International Cooperative Study on the Hydrothermal System at Ultraslow Spreading Southwest Indian Ridge (SWIR) to be carried out by the Second Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Adminstration of the Peoples' Republic of China. Download the Flyer for more details.
- Application Form | doc | pdf |
Applicants must complete the Application Form and submit it to the International Seabed Authority in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Seabed Authority Training Opportunities
It is expected that 15 training opportunities will become available for sustainable candidates from developing countries over the next few years beginning 2013. Bookmark the ISA Training page for updates.