UPDATE (13 September 2022) The following candidates have been selected:
|Rank||First name||Surname||Gen.||Country||Country Class.|
|5||Mohammad Abdul Aziz||Patwary||M||Bangladesh||LDC|
Issued 15 July 2022
JSC Yuzhmorgeologiya pursuant to its contract for the exploration for polymetallic nodules signed with ISA on 29 March 2001, is offering six (6) theoretical internship placements to candidates from developing States as part of its 2022 training programme.
The two-weeks theoretical training is planned for the fourth quarter of 2022 (October to November) under the programme “Study and development of mineral resources of the World Ocean – Exploration and development of mineral resources of the Ocean” at St. Petersburg State University, Russia. The full course will include 120 academic hours (94 hours of lectures and 26 hours self-preparation).
The training will include, but not limited to, the following courses:
- Geology and mineral resources of the international seabed area;
- Polymetallic nodules (PMN) deposits;
- Technique, equipment and technologies for PMN exploration;
- Geological/economic assessment of PMN deposits.
In addition to the training expense and any requisite insurance, the Contractor undertakes to cover the following expenses:
- Return travel of trainees to St. Petersburg for the training.
- Accommodation and meals during the course in St. Petersburg.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or work experience preferably in marine geology or engineering and technical research;
- Language: Must be fluent in English, elementary Russian recommended.
Trainees will receive certificates on completion of the training programme. Additionally, upon successful completion of the training trainees must submit reports on their training to the Contractor and ISA.
Applications should be submitted no later than 15 August 2022 either through:
(i) The online training portal. Users applying through the online portal, must upload a copy of a passport photo, the signed nomination, degree / certificates and résumé; or
(ii) Email to email@example.com using the correct forms below.
- Application form (docx| pdf) to be completed by the applicant;
- Nomination form (docx| pdf) to be completed by the institution or governmental department;
- Copy of CV or Résumé
- Copy of passport biopage
- Copy of Degree Certificate
- Proof of English
One of the Voluntary Commitments that the ISA made at the UN Ocean Conference 2017 was ‘Enhancing the role of Women in Marine Scientific Research through Capacity Building’ – we therefore strongly encourage suitably qualified female to apply for these training opportunities.