The Secretariat of the International Seabed Authority (ISA) is seeking a consultant to assist ISA in the logistical organization of a workshop on developing a regional environmental management plan for the Area of the Northwest Pacific to be held in Tokyo, Japan from 19-23 February 2024.
Regional environmental management plans aim to provide the relevant organs of ISA, as well as contractors and their sponsoring States, with a proactive management tool to support informed decision-making that balances resource development with conservation. The Northwest Pacific has been identified as one of the priority areas.
Applicants should have a minimum of three years of experience organizing international events, and written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese. Familiarity with travel protocols and visa applications to enter Japan is highly desirable.
The successful consultant is expected to support the Secretariat in the following:
- Ensuring the timely and effective provision of logistical support for the successful organization of the workshop
- Providing logistical support for workshop participants, including their visa applications, travel and other necessary local arrangements
- Planning and implementing appropriate logistical arrangements to support workshop activities
- Preparing information materials related to the workshop logistics
- Facilitating communication with the host institution and local service providers.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com no later than 31 August 2023.